September 24th, 2012– Whether you like the eBay marketplace or not, having 5 days of FREE listings is absolutely astounding. Over the weekend eBay.com notified sellers by sending out invitations to eligible sellers to participate in their “5-Day Fixed Price Free-Listing” promotion. While many sellers reported
not receiving the invitation, eBay verified on their website, “If you qualify for participation, you will have received an email, and/or a message in My eBay. The promotion is then activated with your eBay User ID.”
From September 24-28, 2012, eligible sellers will pay no Insertion Fees per item for up to 5,000 Fixed Price listings. To qualify, your account must meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards and this offer doesn’t qualify for 30-day listings or Good ‘Til Cancelled durations. With the holiday season upon us, marketplaces everywhere like Amazon and Buy.com will be offering hundreds of new promotions to get sellers pumped up for the seasonal rush.
Summary of Restrictions and Exclusions:
- You can list a maximum of 5,000 items as part of this Promotion on the U.S. site, www.ebay.com and eBay Motors atwww.eBayMotors.com (Parts & Accessories only).
- Fees for optional features (such as Reserve Price, Subtitle, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) and Final Value Fees will still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you’ll be charged at standard rates for the second category. 30-day or Good ‘Til Cancelled durations are excluded from this Promotion.
- Only sellers whose accounts meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards are eligible. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. If you have received fewer than 10 detailed seller ratings from buyers, this information will not appear in My eBay; however, you will receive email notification if your account falls below the minimum performance standards. Find out more about seller performance standards.
- All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may exclude and prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion.
- All listings must comply with eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate Fixed Price listings.
- This Promotion does not apply to the following: items listed in eBay’s Auction-style format, 30-day or Good ‘Til Cancelled Fixed Price durations, eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Professional Services, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings. The following business and industrial categories are excluded from the Promotion: Tractors & Farm Machinery (91952), Antique Tractors & Equipment (45009), Heavy Equipment (25249), Concession Trailers & Carts (67145), Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment (92036), Forklifts & Other Lifts (97185), Manufacturing Equipment (92080), Metalworking Equipment (92082), and Commercial Printing Presses (26247). The following additional categories are excluded due to overlapping listing offers: Sports Memorabilia, Cards & Fan Shop (64482) and Outdoor Sports (159043). Get details.
- The Promotional Rate does not apply to listings with a start date prior to Monday, September 24, 2012, including those listings revised during the Promotion Period. Additionally, the Promotional Rate will not apply to listings scheduled to start after the Promotion Period.